Great Lakes NeuroTechnologies develops wireless and mobile medical technologies targeted for remote patient monitoring. Our systems integrate wearable sensors, mobile apps, and web applications. Through these innovations, we are developing a growing range of products that address the needs of the medical, research, and academic communities. We believe in having a hardworking yet fun and informal work environment and offer competitive salaries and benefits with outstanding growth opportunity.
We are always on a lookout for talented people to join our team. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line mentioning the role you are interested in. We are open to all kinds of positions: part-time, full-time, or internship.
Senior BME Researcher
Initiate and lead new biomedical research, especially in movement disorders diagnostics and therapeutics. Job functions include developing new algorithms and signal processing techniques, completing the clinical validation of such techniques, publishing results in peer-reviewed journals grant writing, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
– Conceives, develop, and pursue new research concepts and technologies.
– Coordinate R&D programs to accomplish established statements of work, schedules, and budgets.
– Develop and implement novel algorithms and techniques. Analyzes data acquired from human subjects to establish the clinical utility of novel methods.
– Organize research activities to gather preliminary data to confirm viability of new ideas.
– Conduct clinical trials, present results at conferences, and publish results in peer reviewed journals.
– Establish and foster collaboration with various research and clinical institutions that are leaders in movement disorders research. Organizes collaborative efforts for gathering clinical data to support R&D efforts.
– Identify prospective funding opportunities. Propose new ideas with high likelihood of being funded as per topics set by funding agencies such as NIH and NSF.
– Plan, coordinate, and write grant proposals to ensure timely and continuous funding.
– Provide support for intellectual property protection.
– Ph.D. in biomedical engineering or related field with at least 2 years experience or M.S. in biomedical engineering or related field with at least 5 years experience
– Experience in physiological signal processing and analysis
– Experience in using data acquisition hardware and software
– Proficient in technical writing and grant writing
– Proficient in using analysis software packages such as LabVIEW and MATLAB
– Experience in conducting clinical trials preferably in neurology or rehabilitation engineering
– Knowledge of study design methods and biostatistics for clinical trials
– Strong scientific publication record
– Experience in the FDA approval process
– Experience with machine learning algorithms
– Proven track record in securing grant funding
– Experience in R&D in medical device industry
Accounting and Office Assistant (Part-time)
Duties and Responsibilities
– Assist Accounting Dept with AR and AP data entry
– Purchase office supplies, equipment, components, and services according to ISO 13485 quality system requirements and approved facility Standard Operating Procedures
– Organize file room and maintain records
– Perform a variety of administrative functions to support the Management Team
– Perform receptionist duties; answer the telephone and provide general assistance and information to the public and internal customers
– Help the shipping and receiving department
– Update and maintain device prescription records
– Receive and monitor guests upon their arrival
– Plan and coordinate corporate luncheons
– Plan and organize staff outings
– Microsoft Office Suite
– Proficiency with QuickBooks and/or Zoho Books
– Data Entry
Education and Experience
– Associate of Applied Business – Administrative Assisting